PURPOSEThis Management Instruction is issued as the cash payments are to be kept to minimum.
ApplicabilityWhere cash payments are made, proper records should be maintained with signatures of authorised person. Cash payment by way of expense, advance or any other purpose shall not be made above Rs. 3,000/- and should be authorized by respective department head and Finance Head. In case of cash payment above Rs. 3,000/- the document should be authorized by General Manager or Finance Head.
PurposeThis Management Instruction is issued to list the authorised personnel eligible for company cars.
ApplicabilityCompany cars will be provided by the company to its Directors on completion of 5 years of service with the company. Running maintenance of these cars will be paid for by the company. Employees eligible for this facility should maintain a log for the mileage done and should avoid using the vehicle for personal use. Any accident or claim arising due to misconduct, irresponsible behaviour of the employee / driver, or during the time when the vehicle is used for personal purpose, will not be borne by the company and shall be the responsibility of the employee. All claims for accidents shall be routed through the finance department and shall be claimed of company insurance.
COMPANY CONTRIBUTION IN CASE OF EMPLOYEE DEATH
PurposeThe management instruction is issued to provide assistance to employee’s family on the occurrence unfortunate incidents like death or permanent disability which renders the employee incapable of carrying out his routine work at company
ApplicabilityThis is applicable to all employees working with the company at the time of occurrence of the event. The company will deduct 1 day’s gross salary (without LTA and Medical) from all employees and will deposit the amount in the account of the beneficiary or hand over a cheque to the beneficiary. In addition to this the company will contribute maximum of INR 100,000 which will include adjustment of any loans, advances, travel etc payable by the employee to the company. Any balance amount after adjusting the above will be deposited to beneficiary’s account or hand over a cheque to the beneficiary.
PurposeTo reimburse employees whose gratuity payment exceeds the limit of Rs. 20,00,000/-
ApplicabilityCompany will make annual contribution to its gratuity trust held with LIC or any other approved body. LIC will make payment of gratuity to employee on the termination of his service or in case of death of the employee based on the formula, 15 days salary (DA + Basic) for each completed year of service or part thereof in excess of 6 months subject to a maximum of Rs. 20,00,000/-. For employees whose gratuity exceeds Rs. 20,00,000/- However, as gratuity contribution is a part of employee’s CTC, the company will make differential payment to employee whose gratuity exceeds Rs. 10,00,000/-, as per the formula; 15 days salary (DA + Basic) for each completed year of service or part thereof in excess of 6 months less Rs. 20,00,000/- which is paid by LIC.
Employees who are required to proceed on outstation duties within the country shall be strictly governed by the rules and regulations stated in this policy.
B) General Rules:
1) Any employee required to proceed on outstation duties shall obtain permission from the respective department head or Director in company’s ‘Travel Instructions’ format.
2) Travel advance form shall be duly filled and submitted to finance after taking approval of department head and Accounts head.
3) Any employee travelling on official company tour in India can be provided with a travel advance- up to Rs. 3,000 in cash and above that by cheque- as per requirement. If this money is lost by the employee then the company will not be responsible for this loss and the amount loss will be recovered from the employee. As there is no insurance policy available for this, there is no recourse available.
4) As far as possible all the travel tickets shall be purchased by the HR department. In case of emergency, or where tickets are purchased by the employee, proof of ticket/details of the ticket No./PNR No. should be attached/indicated in the travel expense statement. If possible, before making the booking employee should take an approval on mail from HR or if that is not possible HR approval should be taken before submitting the bills to accounts for reimbursement. Please note, if an employee books a car/train/flight for himself which exceeds his eligibility prior approval of HR is a must.
5) As far as possible all the hotels should be booked by the HR department. In case of emergency where hotels are booked by the employee, original hotel bill should be submitted along with the travel expense statement. If possible, before making the booking employee should take an approval on mail from HR or if that is not possible HR approval should be taken before submitting the bills to accounts for reimbursement. Please note, if an employee books a hotel for himself which exceeds his eligibility prior approval of HR with reason is a must
1) If for any reason, the proposed journey of employee is postponed or cancelled, the responsibility for cancellation and obtaining endorsements of the tickets rests with the concerned employee and such cancelled/endorsed tickets should be returned immediately to the company’s travel agents with information to the HR/finance department as the case may be for arranging refund. If not followed then cost of ticket will be recovered from concern employee.
2) Any visit to customer site for providing service shall be made only on the receipt of customer request. On the completion of service a detailed service report should be submitted along with the travel bills.
3) Expenses statement for the journey shall be submitted to the finance department within 3 days of the
completion of outstation duty. Finance department shall settle the travel bills within 7 days of the submission
4) Any advance recoverable from the employee from the travel advance shall be returned within 3 days of the settlement of the travel bills.
5) No claim for alcoholic drinks and cigarettes is admissible.
6) No claim shall be reimbursed without original bills.
7) Company provided laptops will be covered by a company insurance policy.
A) Guidelines for Submission of claim to Accounts:
*For all employees including outstation:
1) If 2 or more employees are travelling together in that case a combined traveling expense statement should be submitted to accounts dept.
2) While preparing the travel expense reimbursement sheet, employees should ensure that all the below details are provided:
Reason of visit:
Place of Visit:
Start of journey(Date and time)
End of journey(Date and time)
Signature of Director/Dept. head with name:
Signature of employee(All the employees should sign in case 2 or more employees have travelled together)
If above details are not found ontravel expense reimbursement sheet or are found to be incorrect accounts department shall not process the claim.
3) All the employees should ensure that they attach photocopies of bills printed on ammonia paper.
*For out station employees:
1) All outstation employees should submit their travel and office expenses strictly on monthly basis.
2) They should ensure that the travel sheet is complete in all respects and all supporting are attached before sending the sheet to accounts. Accounts shall not accept claim of anything without proper supporting.
3) Decision of giving Imprest money to an outstation employee and the amount of imprest money to be given, lies with the management only. Accounts shall give Imprest money only if a proper approval is given by the management directly to accounts by mail.
B) Mode of travel:
i)Travel Category IEligibility
(For journey more than 12 hours)
Directors At actual
GM/DGM/AGM/Sr.Managers By Air (Economy class), By Train - II AC
Management staff By Air (Economy class), By Train - II AC
All other employees By Train - I Class / II AC
ii)Travel Category IIEligibility
(For journey more than 6 hours but less than 12 hours)
Directors At actual
GM/DGM/AGM/Sr.Managers By Swift Dzire or equivalent
Management staff By Train- II AC or III AC/ Taxi (Tata Indica or equivalent)
All other employees By Train- II/III AC Sleeper
iii) Travel Category IIIEligibility
(For journey less than 6 hours)
Directors At actual
GM/DGM/AGM/Sr. Managers By Swift Dzire or equivalent
Management staff AC chair car / AC Taxi (Tata Indica or equivalent) / AC Bus
All other employees II Class / Bus / AC Sleeper
2) Employees shall travel by the most economic mode of travel. In case of air travel the same shall be in economy class only, approved by the concerned department head and boarding pass to be submitted along with the travelstatement. Irrespective of such entitlement, employees travelling by class lower than the entitlement shall claim reimbursement for only the actual fare.
3) Expenses for Excess Baggage will not be reimbursed by the company.
4) If employee is accompanying the Director / customer in that case mode of Travel availed by Director/customer will be also be applicable to employee.
Employee should specifically mention on the travel expense sheet the name of the director/customer with whom he was travelling.
C) Accommodation allowance (in case of hotels - exclusive of taxes)
1) For Major city**
Directors At Actuals
GM/DGM/AGM/Sr. Managers Rs. 5,000/- Per day
Management Staff Rs. 3,500/- Per day
All other employees Rs. 2,500/- Per day
2) Other than major city
Directors At Actuals
GM/DGM/AGM/Sr. Managers Rs. 4,000/- Per day
Management Staff Rs. 3,000/- Per day
All other employees Rs. 2,000/- Per day
3) Accommodation allowance is admissible for outstation journey exceeding 15 hours on submission of bills up to eligibility limit.
4) If employee is accompanying with Director / customer in that case employee can stay in same hotel where Director / Customer is staying. Employee should specifically mention on the travel expense sheet the name of the director/customer with whom he was travelling.
5) If the employees do not stay at a hotel but make their own arrangement of stay, in that case employees shall be paid for food as per their eligibility on submission of bills and conveyance from place of stay to place of work and back shall be reimbursed. No separate accommodation allowance shall be paid.
**Major cities include
Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkotta, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Kochi, Ahmedabad, Varodara, Pune, Bhopal, Varanashi, Jaipur, Chandigarh, Lucknow. Gurgaon.
Hotel bill should be submitted with room services bill such as laundry, snacks, tea, food etc.
D) Daily Food Allowance (with Bill)
Directors At Actuals
GM/DGM/AGM/Sr. Managers At actuals subject to a maximum of Rs. 1,500/- Per day
Management Staff At actuals subject to a maximum of Rs. 1000/- Per day
All other employees At actuals subject to a maximum of Rs. 800/- Per day
Reimbursement of food allowance will be at actuals, on submission of proper bills.
If employee is travelling by Train / Bus / Taxi and if in that case food bill is not available, 80% of the above amounts will be paid as food allowance
2) If Food Lunch/Dinner is provided by the customer/client/office/ attending Seminar /Training, then the daily food eligibility will be 50% of the amount applicable/available subject to submission of bill for expenses incurred by employee for food.
3) Outstation journey of a single day, undertaken for more than 12 hours but less than 24 hours, the eligibility of daily food allowance on submission of bill will be on a full day basis. Outstation journey of a single day, undertaken for less than 12 hours, the daily eligibility of food allowance on submission of bill will be on a half day basis.
E) Out of pocket expenses:
i) For All employees:
Directors NIL (Tips/Misc. expenses/laundry expenses shall be reimbursed to directors at actual)
Management Staff Rs. 100/- Per day
All other employees Rs. 100/- Per day
ii) For Paid service of Service Engineers:
**Paid service CategoryEligibility Amount
Off - shore Rs. 1,000/- Per day
On - shore Rs. 500/- Per day
**Un-paid service category
Off – shore or On Shore Rs. 500/- Per day
**Please note: Service Engineers shall be paid for the period of work at site mentioned in the service report only. For the period other than at site, out of pocket expenses will be Rs.300/- per day. It is compulsory for employees to attach the service report received from the customer.
2) Daily out of pocket allowance wherever applicable as per the rules shall be claimed on the basis of each tour day comprising of 24 hours from the scheduled time of departure to the scheduled time of arrival of bus/train/place, etc. Any subsequent period of a tour day in excess of 8 hours shall be reckoned as a full tour day and less than 8 hours will be ignored. However, in case of Outstation journey for a single day, undertaken for more than 12 hours but less than 24 hours, the eligibility of out of pocket allowance will be on a full day basis. Outstation journey undertaken for a single day, undertaken for less than 12 hours, the daily eligibility of out of pocket allowance will be on a half day basis.
3) Out of pocket allowance includes sundry expenses like reading materials, laundry expenses, and other personal expenses like personal telephone calls while on tour, entertainment, tips, food/snacks (without bill) etc. Hence, all expenses mentioned above shall not be reimbursed separately.
4) Out of pocket expenses will not be paid for travelling within Nashik district.
5) Please Note that, it is not the responsibility of accounts department to make corrections in employee’s travel reimbursement sheet. If the employee has claimed less or not claimed any out of pocket expenses, accounts department shall not make the corrections. It shall reimburse out of pocket expenses only if the employee has claimed it and if it is as per the policy.
6) For long stay ie more than 3 nights, laundry expenses ie washing/pressing not dry cleaning, expenses can be claimed though the hotel bill once for the entire stay.
1) Conveyance undertaken for official purpose shall be reimbursed to all the employees at actual.
2) All employees travelling within big cities including Nashik, where Ola/Uber or other cab services (which provide receipts), are available, they should strictly use such cab services only auto/taxi charges without supporting bills shall not be reimbursed for such cities.
3) Only travelling /commutation within the city shall be considered as conveyance.
4) Travelling from one city to another city shall not be considered as conveyance and hence supporting i.e bill/ticket must be produced to claim the reimbursement of such expenses. (In the case of service engineers if they travel from one city to another and cannot provide supporting due to some urgent travel, amount shall be allowed to them without any supporting up to Rs 300/-for one side travel.)
5) Employees should not use their own vehicle for travelling from one city to another. In such cases, car should be hired from a travel agency as per eligibility.
6) Employees should act prudently and take necessary steps to minimize conveyance expenses.
1) Daily allowances:
i) Accommodation Allowance- At Actual
(Class and tariff for accommodation shall be agreed and approved before travel)
ii) Food Allowance- At Actual
(For dinner and breakfast, if not provided by the hotel in which the employee is staying )
iii) Conveyance - At Actual
(For conveyance between hotel and place of work only)
a) All the above will be reimbursed on the production of Bills/vouchers and credit card statement.
b) Expenses made though credit card will be reimbursed at the conversion rate used in the credit card statement. Credit card statement must be submitted with the travel statement.
c)Where bills/ vouchers are not available, it will require approval of the head of the department and General Manager
iii) Out of pocket Allowance:-USD 10 per day comprising of 24 hours which are calculated from the scheduled time of boarding from India to scheduled time of boarding from the foreign land.
i) Out of pocket expenses will include sundry expenses like reading materials, laundry expenses, and other personal expenses like personal telephone calls while on tour, entertainment, tips, food/snacks etc. Hence, above expenses shall not be reimbursed separately.
ii) For long stay ie more than 3 nights, laundry expenses ie washing/pressing not dry cleaning, expenses can be claimed though the hotel bill once for the entire stay.
2) Work permit /Visas and baggage:
Work permit and Visa charges will be paid/reimbursed by the company at actual.
Cost of any excess baggage will be borne by the employee.
3) Medical Insurance
It is compulsory for an employee travelling abroad to have an overseas mediclaim policy and it is the responsibility of the employee to ensure this. This will be paid for by the company.
4) Travel Statement and currency:
i) The employees should make sure that the un-utilised foreign currency is returned to the finance department immediately after resuming office, while the travel bills and credit card statements can be submitted within 3 days of returning to office.
ii) While on tour, employees should use the credit card to the extent possible.
iii) The allowance/reimbursements will be subject to the RBI rules and regulations prevailing at the time of travel. The payment/recovery will be made as per the exchange rate applicable at the time of issuance of currency to employee after considering the cross currency exchange rate effects if any.
iv)If an employee converts any currency in some other foreign currency then he must produce a foreign currency exchange receipt for such transactions without which finance shall consider the exchange rate applicable on the day on which his tour starts and due to this exchange difference if any has to be borne by the employee.
Sr. Managers: include GM, AGM, DGM, Sr Managers
Management Staff: includes Dy. Managers / Asst. Managers /Managers.
Other employees: includes Engineers, inspectors, officers, MT's
All deviations should be pre-approved by the respective department head/Directors.
This revised travel policy is applicable w.e.f.01st April 2017.
PurposeThis Management Instruction is issued to list the authorised personnel eligible for company mobile instruments and list the purchase policy of mobile phones.
ApplicabilityBlackberry or equivalent phones will be provided to the employees for official emails and phone calls These phones shall be password protected at all times, so that in case of phone being lost/theft, the data cannot be misused In case of loss of handset by the employee the same shall be communicated to his or her department head and HR immediately and a police complaint shall be filed within 48 hrs and a copy of the same shall be given to HR department All phones are covered under company insurance policy; and the difference of the phone value and the insurance claim received in case of theft can be recovered from the employee The IEM number shall be blocked as soon as the phone is reported lost This facility is generally provided to the below provided to the below listed employees Directors GM/DGM Sr Managers Project Managers Marketing personnel
REIMBURSEMENT OF EXPENSES FOR USE OF OWN VEHICLE
PurposeTo encourage the employees to use their own vehicle wherever the alternative vehicle hire charges are more expensive.
ApplicabilityThe Management Instruction is applicable to all the employees using their vehicle for official work within city limits. The expenses will be reimbursed at the following rates Use of 4 wheeler Rs 5.80 per Km Use of 2 wheeler Rs 3.10 per Km The concerned employees are required to keep a track of the places visited and kilometres covered on official business. The claims shall be reimbursed once in a month and should be authorised by the respective department heads. The claims for travel in the previous month shall be made at the end of the month and no old claims shall be accepted.
REIMBURSEMENT OF FOOD
PurposeThis Management Instruction is issued to reimburse dinner expenses to employees working on holidays or working in the factory till 9.30 PM.
ApplicabilityFor staff up to Sr. Engineer level Staff employees working for extra 4 hours in a day or working on a holiday for more than 4 hours will be reimbursed the actual lunch/dinner expenses or Rs. 100/- whichever is lower, with the approval of head of department. Staff working for extra 4 hours in a day will be given an allowance of Rs. 60/- towards conveyance, with the approval of head of department. For workmen Permanent workers working for extra 4 hours in a day will be reimbursed the actual dinner expenses or Rs. 60/- whichever is lower. Permanent workers working for more than 4 hours on a holiday will be reimbursed the actual dinner expenses or Rs. 60/- whichever is lower. This allowance will be deposited with the salary at the end of the month. Casual and Temporary workmen Casual / Temporary workers working for extra 4 hours in a day will be reimbursed the actual dinner expenses or Rs. 60/- whichever is lower. Casual / Temporary workers working for more than 4 hours on a holiday will be reimbursed the actual dinner expenses or Rs. 60/- whichever is lower. This allowance will be deposited with the salary at the end of the month.
REIMBURSEMENT OF TELEPHONE/MOBILE EXPENSES
PurposeThis Management Instruction is issued to list the authorised personnel eligible for reimbursement of telephone/mobile expenses.
ApplicabilityTelephone /Mobile connection will be provided by the company to the employees who are eligible for this facility. If the employee has his own connection, the company will reimburse the phone bill for such authorised employees. On leaving the employment of the company the employee shall hand over the SIM card to the company representative and in case of non compliance, the company shall recover call charges or any other charges made from the said connection after the date of his leaving the employment of the company. As a policy this facility should be used for official purpose as far as possible. This facility is generally provided to the below provided to the below listed employees Directors GM/DGM Sr Managers Project Managers Service personnel Marketing personnel
PurposeTo reimburse employees the cost of relocation to Nashik, or any other place where the company positions the employee.
ApplicabilityThe Company will reimburse an employee the below mentioned amounts Hotel Accommodation in a company nominated hotel for 7 days (1 room). In addition the company will reimburse for food (dinner) and laundry for the above mentioned period of stay. Alcohol consumption, phone call charges or any other charges not mentioned above shall be borne by the employee. Hotel Accommodation will be on twin sharing basis and no separate room will be provided for children, spouse, relatives etc. Transfer of household equipments, clothing, furniture and fixtures from the present place of stay to Nashik (or any other place where the employee is posted) will be borne by the company. This should be arranged by the employee and prior approval of company should be taken. The company will not be responsible for any damage of any goods during transit. Relocation charges for furniture shifting etc will be borne by the company at actuals or Rs. 20,000/- whichever is lower but will be paid only if agreed during the time of interview Travel from the outstation location to Nashik will be provided by the company. In addition to the employee, the company will reimburse the travel cost of employee’s parents (mother and father) or spouse and children, one way by 2nd/3rd A/C rail ticket Daily food allowance of Rs. 300/- will be paid for 7 days Depending on the designation of the employee the company will arrange return air journey from current place of stay to Nashik once for the purpose of joining Travel shall be by mode prescribed below and by the shortest route possible Travel Category I (For journey more than 12 hours) Management staff By Train – II AC / III AC, By Air Economy class All other employees By Train - I Class / III AC Travel Category II (For journey more than 6 hours but less than 12 hours) Management staff By Train- I Class / III AC / AC Taxi All other employees By Train- III AC / AC Taxi Travel Category III (For journey less than 6 hours) Management staff AC chair car / AC Taxi / AC Bus All other employees II Class /Bus /AC Sleeper
USE OF MOBILE PHONES DURING INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL
PurposeThe management instruction is issued to provide guidance to the employees travelling abroad on the use of their mobile phones.
ApplicabilityThis is applicable to all employees travelling abroad for company related work. Many employees travel abroad for company related work like meeting, service jobs etc and are required to make calls to India or abroad during this period of travel. As the international roaming charges are very expensive the company has purchased Matrix calling cards for the whole year for the below countries
England 2 cards
UAE (including Dubai, Sharjah) 2 cards
Singapore 2 cards
These cards are available with HR department whenever any employee is travelling to these counties; for travel other than these countries a card can be obtained in maximum 3 working days and the employee needs to inform this to HR department to organise.
These matrix cards will also provide data access in certain countries so the employee will be able to receive mails on these calling cards; however in certain countries data service is not available and employees with blackberry device may not be able to get mails.
Also note that all personal calls above the eligible criteria/amount will be recovered from the employee’s salary.
Note: 1. All contact numbers in phones should be stores in handsets and also on the existing Sim cards; so that when you replace existing Sim card with Matrix calling cards all contact information is available. 2. Also note that the Matrix number should be put in the email – out of office – replies so that all customers and contacts can get your contact information.
As the cards are on a yearly basis these contact numbers will be made available on an email to everyone in the company or the person can obtain information from HR department.
During travelling abroad please follow the below points
Only receive important phone calls
On receiving phone call, tell the person that you are travelling abroad
Employee will be allowed one personal phone call for 3 minutes per day of travel abroad.
Singapore 2 cardsThese cards are available with HR department whenever any employee is travelling to these counties; for travel other than these countries a card can be obtained in maximum 3 working days and the employee needs to inform this to HR department to organise. These matrix cards will also provide data access in certain countries so the employee will be able to receive mails on these calling cards; however in certain countries data service is not available and employees with blackberry device may not be able to get mails. Also note that all personal calls above the eligible criteria/amount will be recovered from the employee’s salary. Note: 1. All contact numbers in phones should be stores in handsets and also on the existing Sim cards; so that when you replace existing Sim card with Matrix calling cards all contact information is available. 2. Also note that the Matrix number should be put in the email – out of office – replies so that all customers and contacts can get your contact information. As the cards are on a yearly basis these contact numbers will be made available on an email to everyone in the company or the person can obtain information from HR department. During travelling abroad please follow the below points Only receive important phone calls On receiving phone call, tell the person that you are travelling abroad Employee will be allowed one personal phone call for 3 minutes per day of travel abroad.
SAFETY HELMETThe traffic conditions in Nashik have worsened over the past few years; the government has enforced some road safety norms which have not been implemented effectively. We have observed that a number of our employees do not wear SAFETY HELMETS while riding motorcycles, which poses a risk to their lives. With this in view the company requests all employees to wear a safety helmet when riding a motorcycle and any person not wearing a safety helmet will denied entry in factory premises w.e.f. 1st December 2007.
E-MAIL AND INTERNET
|E-MAIL AND INTERNET|
The use of the e-mail system and the Internet within this organisation is encouraged, as this use facilitates communication and improves efficiency. Inappropriate use, however, causes problems ranging from lack of productivity to legal claims against the organisation . This policy sets out the organisation 's guidelines on the correct use of e-mail and the Internet, and the organisation 's response to inappropriate use.
Implementation of the Policy
INTERNET AND NETWORKING
INTERNET AND NETWORKINGThe organization recognizes and accepts that its employees may keep personal web logs (blogs) on the Internet and that Internet social networking sites are a useful way of interacting socially with colleagues and friends. While the organization does not wish to discourage employees from accessing such sites on the Internet (whilst at work), nonetheless it expects certain standards of conduct to be observed to protect both its legitimate business interests and its employees from the dangers of inappropriate use. This policy applies both inside and, in certain circumstances, outside the workplace. Use of the corporate social networking site is for the purpose of sharing and disseminating information across the organisation and may be accessed at any time by employees. [optional] Procedure In the workplace Employees must not access social networking sites/the corporate social networking site during working hours. Access using the organization ’s IT systems is restricted to lunch breaks and before and after the working day, unless specific permission is granted by the line manager. Employees may/may not use the organizations corporate social networking site for personal blogs. [optional] Employees must make it clear when posting information or comments on the corporate social networking site that any personal views which are expressed do not represent those of the organization . Employees must not post information on a social networking site which is confidential to the organization , its suppliers or customers. Employees must refrain from making reference on a social networking site to the organization , its employees, its customers and its suppliers. Employees must not post entries on the corporate social networking site/a social networking site which are derogatory, defamatory, discriminatory or offensive in any way, or which could bring the organization into disrepute. Employees should be aware that blogs may create documents which the courts can order to be disclosed for use in litigation. Consequently, employees will be assumed to have written any contentious items unless they can prove definitively that they have not done so. The organization will monitor its IT systems as is deemed necessary in order to prevent inappropriate usage. Hard copy of blog entries will be used in any disciplinary proceedings. Outside the workplace Employees must not make reference to the organization , its customers or its employees on social networking sites. Offensive, defamatory or inappropriate comments about the organization , its customers, suppliers or any of its employees that employees write on social networking sites will not be tolerated. Employees must not make discriminatory or offensive comments about work colleagues on social networking sites. Employees must not divulge confidential information about, or belonging to, the organization , its customers or suppliers on social networking sites. Disciplinary action Employees whose conduct breaches this policy in any way will be subject to disciplinary action in accordance with the organizations disciplinary procedure up to, and including, dismissal. Any blog entries made inside or outside the workplace that are defamatory, derogatory, or discriminatory about the organization, its customers, suppliers or employees will be investigated as gross misconduct. If substantiated, such conduct may lead to summary dismissal after the due process of the organizations disciplinary procedure has been followed. [optional]
IS SECURITY POLICIES
|IS SECURITY POLICIES|
The use of E-mail, the Internet and laptops, has during the recent years dramatically increased. E-mails, including Microsoft Outlook and the Internet, have become an important business tools for the Company, but also constitute risks.
These instruction sets out the rules, regulations and guidelines for the employees to use IS facilities so as make optimum use of the resources; and to control the risks and exposures and to avoid misuse.
Microsoft Outlook is the standard IS Facility to be used for internal E-mail. and for E-mail with third parties not belonging to Kent Introl.
E-mail sent to third parties is transferred through the Internet mail service which has to be accessed through Microsoft Outlook.
3. The Internet
The Internet, when used in a correct way, can give substantial customer value both in marketing as well as in after-market activities but may, if not correctly used, also expose Kent Introl to large risks such as:
(i) Illegal access of third parties to the Company’s facilities
4. Responsibility of the User
4.1 Responsibility for Proper Use of Kent Introl IS Facilities
5. Supervision of the Use of E-mail and the Internet
The Company will decide which of their employees shall be connected to the Lotus Notes E-mail facility and which of their employees shall have access to the Internet.
6. Retention of Records
E-mail and Internet publications are subject to the same legal prescriptions as valid for retention of hard copies of documents. Unless otherwise prescribed by local legislation, electronic information may be archived on appropriate electronic storage media. The Company shall ensure that employees are informed on applicable legal requirements with respect to archiving documents.
7. Implementation, Local Legislation
The Company shall ensure that their employees are informed through distribution of this Instruction, of other appropriate rules, regulations and guidelines for the use of E-mail and the Internet as contained herein.
Rules for the Use of the KENT INTROL PVT. LTD. IS Facilities
Things you should DO:
1. Be aware that by communicating through Company IS Facilities you will be regarded by recipients as a representative of Kent Introl Pvt. Care should be taken to communicate at all times in a professional and courteous manner.
2. Be aware that it is easy to misaddress messages - always check recipient names before sending a message out.
3. Always provide a meaningful subject line to outgoing communication.
4. Check communication for clarity and professionalism.
5. Use carbon copies ("cc:") sparingly. Inform only those who need to know otherwise you consume valuable resources needed by others.
6. Avoid trivial responses.
7. Refrain from adding too many attachments to your communication. Compression tools such as Winzip must be used whenever possible.
8. Delete outdated messages from live mailboxes and folders but make sure that relevant documents are properly saved and archived, either as hard copy or electronically, in accordance with applicable legislation.
9. Remember that messages you send out can be forwarded without your knowledge - don't assume the recipient keeps your message confidential.
10. Remember that all laws governing copyright, defamation, discrimination and other forms of written communication also apply to communication through Company IS facilities.
11. Remember that communication through Company IS facilities may generate legal obligations for the Company and that in this respect all internal rules of competence and form must be observed.
Things you should NOT DO
1. Don't use Company IS facilities for the release of information that is commercially sensitive or contentious; or may have contractual or other legal implications for the Company, unless encrypted and or authorised.
2. Don't issue information that infringes copyright or other intellectual property rights.
3. Don't issue emotional, hasty, angry or otherwise heated communications.
4. Don't store personal messages in the Company IS facilities, especially any that may be classified as obtained through misuse of the IS facilities. Delete these messages immediately and inform the sender to refrain from sending similar messages in the future.
6. Don't load any unauthorised or unlicensed software onto Company IS facilities. The Company provides you with fully licenced software that you need to conduct Company business.
7. Don't download or receive music / video (or similar) online as this consumes Company resources. The only exception is where this is needed to conduct Company business.
Misuse of Company IS facilities includes, but is not limited to the following matters.
Engaging in any communication, (including but not limited to logging into sites, saving, down loading and distribution) that causes harm the Company’s reputation or its relationship with its business partners; or which may embarrass business partners of the Company.
Engaging in any communication that intimidates, embarrasses or injures the dignity of another person or company, or that is perceived as hostile on the basis of nationality, gender, sexual orientation, religious believe or disability (physical or mental), including specifically, without limitation, pornography, racism and Nazism.
- Hate or vulgar communication.
- Religious or political communication.
- Engaging in communication of indecent material.
- Originating or forwarding chain letters.
Using the Company IS facilities for jeopardizing or attacking the integrity of the Company, or third party's networks or data
End User Security
Objective: To minimise the damage from security incidents and malfunctions, and to monitor and learn from such incidents.
To prevent unauthorised user access.
Users shall follow good security practices in the selection and use of passwords.
Users must ensure viruses do not enter or leave their system via electronic mail, boot-diskettes or by similar means
IT equipment used outside the Company must be subject to security protection
IT equipment (regardless of ownership) used outside Company premises to support business activities should be subject to an equivalent degree of security protection, as office equipment. The following guidelines shall be applied:
Business and security risks associated with the use of Lotus Notes shall be reduced through the utilisation of built-in security features in Notes.
LAPTOP HANDLING POLICY
|LAPTOP HANDLING POLICY|
Kent Introl will maintain a Laptop Computer Policy in order to prevent risk to our business and our customers from the impact of Laptop Computer related incidents.
The Laptop Computer Policy will apply to Kent Introl personnel.
To allow the employees of Kent Introl to do their jobs effectively, some employees provided with a laptop computer for business purposes. This policy outlines the laptop computer options supported by Kent Introl, guidelines for appropriate use, and other administrative issues relating to laptop acquisition and reimbursement. This policy was created in order to enhance employee safety, limit corporate liability, and help manage IT costs.
Kent Introl Senior Management Team
Responsible for Company policy and compliance to this policy.
Kent Introl IT Manager
Responsible for maintaining the Laptop Computer Policy.
Kent Introl Human Resources Manager
Responsible for personnel issues relating to the Laptop Computer Policy and for ensuring that the Laptop Computer Policy is passed on, to all new starts.
Kent Introl Users
All employees requiring the use of a Company-owned laptop computer for business purposes must fill out an appropriation request that clearly outlines why the laptop is required and what level of service the employee needs should his/her application be accepted. Appropriation Request forms must be approved and signed by the employee’s unit or department head, then the Senior Manager before final submission to the IT department.
Basic features included with every company-owned and supported laptop include:
It is imperative that laptop computers owned by Kent Introl or any laptop computer used to conduct Kent Introl’s business be used appropriately, responsibly, and ethically. The following rules must be observed:
In the office:
Travelling with your laptop:
Using Company laptop outside the office:
These guidelines can deliver you a number of benefits if they are followed:
If a Company-owned laptop computer is damaged, lost, or stolen, it must be reported immediately to the IT department.
If any individual fails to comply with any section of this policy, Kent Introl may take whatever action it determines to be necessary to avoid or prevent further violations or harm to employees, third parties or Company Property. Such action may include suspension of laptop user privileges, disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment, as well as civil lawsuits or criminal prosecution.
Kent Introl retains the absolute right, in its sole discretion, to change this policy and to determine whether an individual’s action(s) are covered by this policy.
Questions about this policy should be directed to the Kent Introl IT department.
All decisions regarding the administration of this policy will be made in conjunction with the Kent Introl HR department.