KOSO India wholly owns an internationally accredited and fully equipped steel foundry in Coimbatore to supply world class castings in various metallurgy including Carbon steel, Alloy steel, Stainless steel, Duplex Stainless steel, Inconel, Monel & Hastelloy etc to provide customised solution for our valve product lines. Our foundry division occupies 8 acres of land in Annur Area in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu and commenced its operations in the year 2005 with a view to supply quality castings to KOSO group of companies. With an installed capacity of 3,000 tons per annum and with product weight range from 1 Kg to 2,800 kg in variety of materials which include Carbon steel, Low, Medium & High alloy steels, Stainless steel, Duplex and Super duplex stainless steel, Nickel based alloys and Nickel copper alloys. The foundry division can provide customised solution for our valve product lines.
Foundry Division holds various international Certifications & accreditations,
* ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems.
* Well known foundry from Central Boilers Board India (IBR 1950)
* NORSOK M650 Qualifications for Duplex & Super duplex stainless steel castings (Maximum Thickness 175mm)
* PED/2014/68/EU & AD 2000 MERKBLATT W0.
* ISO/IEC/17025:2017 Accreditation by NABL for testing laboratory in Chemical-OES, Mechanical, Metallurgical & Corrosion testing.
* 5S – Work Place Management – Certified by QCFI.
* Marine Certificates from Bureau Veritas, DNVGL, Lloyds Register and ABS for Carbon Steel, Alloy Steel, Stainless Steel & Duplex Stainless steel.
* API – 20A Qualification for Carbon Steel, Low Alloy Steel, Stainless Steel, Duplex Stainless steel and Corrosion resistance Alloys.
We work to the Japanese quality standards with utmost attention given to health and safety, quality and on-time delivery. Some of our in-house testing capability includes,
* Spectro Chemical Analysis includes 32 elements,
* Tensile Testing machine with 40 Ton Capacity
* Computerised Harness testing (Brinell, Rockwell & Vickers)
* Impact testing as per ASTM E23 & ISO 148-2 Standard.
* Ferrite testing as per ASTM E562 & Ferritscope Method –AWS A4.2
* Intergranular corrosion testing as per ASTM A262 Practice A, B, C and E & ASTM G28 Method A),
* Pitting Corrosion test as per ASTM G48 Method A & ASTM A923 Method C,
* Microstructure, Grain size, Inclusion Rating & Macro Analysis
Non Destructive Test:
* Liquid penetrant testing.
* Magnetic particle testing (wet, dry,) using AC/DC Yoke and PROD type method.
* Ultrasonic testing.
* We are having SCRATA Comparators for the definition of surface quality of casting.
The foundry uses the advanced MAGMA software for simulation and optimization of casting designs and processes which helps to pour defect free castings.
The foundry is audited and approved by many domestic and international customers like SEC, ADCO, Petrofac, PDO, MHI, HHI, MHPS, GE, L&T, Kiewit, Siemens, Doosan, Technip, Modec, J-Tech Corporation, Kobelco, Vogt Power, Ramboll & Hofor, Indian Navy Defence and Binzagr International etc.